Anna Macfarlane, a mom of four kids and an online marketing and branding expert, joins me to break down how to build a fanbase on Instagram and TikTok: family style. Anna manages the @kidsaretheworst parenting humor account on Instagram, which has more than 500,000 followers. She also manages several other successful accounts and teaches social media marketing courses for families, businesses and bloggers.
In our conversation, we talk about how to get started on Instagram and TikTok and how to grow a healthy fanbase. We also discuss the benefits of being on social media and why TikTok is growing faster than most people realize. (It’s not just for teenagers.) Other topics we cover include how to manage your time on social media, talk to your kids about social media and post responsibly.
You can laugh along with Anna’s 500,000+ followers on Instagram at @kidsaretheworst. You can also learn all about her social media courses on her website annamacfarlane.com.
About Breaking Down Parenting: A ParentNormal Podcast
Breaking Down Parenting: A ParentNormal Podcast is a show that’s for imperfect parents by imperfect parents. Hosted by humorist and imperfect parent of three Chris Cate, every episode breaks down a topic that causes parents to break down, such as putting kids to bed, potty training, the terrible twos, homework, clothing, discipline, cleaning up, cooking for kids, and so on….
By the end of each topic breakdown, parents will hopefully realize they aren’t alone in their struggles and that the craziness all parents go through is actually quite funny when it’s looked at in the right light. After all, the mission of the show is to help parents laugh when they want to cry.
Breaking Down Parenting: A ParentNormal Podcast is available on Apple Podcasts, Google and Spotify.
Connect with The ParentNormal on Social Media
Connect with all things ParentNormal on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Links to more episodes of Breaking Down Parenting: A ParentNormal Podcast
- Dad Stereotypes versus Reality with Simon Holland
- Raising Teen Boys with Sarcastic Mommy Lisa Munn
- Modern Parent Problems with Tara Clark from Modern Mom Problems
- Toddler Dangers: How to keep toddlers from injuring themselves and you (with Clint Edwards)
- Raising Twins with Macgill Frutchey
- Life as a Teen Mom with Sara Buckley
- Clingy Kids with Rachel Sobel
- WTF Moments of Parenthood with Serena Dorman
- Being a One and Done Parent with Amanda Pacovsky
- Tooth Fairy Duty with Julie Burton
- The Mess Kids Make with Lauren Lodder
- Sick Kids with Gila Pfeffer
- Parent Friendships with Jenna Kim Jones
- Birthday Party Planning with Jennifer Douglas from Goldfish and Chicken Nuggets
- Breaking Down Bath Time with Andy Herald from How to Be a Dad
- Parent Survival Mode with James Breakwell (Exploding Unicorn)
- Jeff Kinney on His Diary of a Wimpy Kid Series