This week’s guest is Jennifer Douglas, a mom of two and the creative mind behind Goldfish and Chicken Nuggets. After reading Jen’s blog post on The Hot Mess Mom’s Guide to Throwing Your Kid A Solid Birthday Party, I knew she would be a great guest to help break down pro tips for birthday party planning.
In our conversation, we talk about when kids should start having birthday parties with friends, how long the parties should last, good locations for a party, what to eat, gift ideas for guests and much more. I also ask Jen about her time as team captain for UCLA swimming and representing Canada on the National swim team. So cool, right?
You can find all of Jen’s hilarious thoughts about parenthood on her website Goldfish and Chicken Nuggets and on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
About Breaking Down Parenting: A ParentNormal Podcast
Breaking Down Parenting: A ParentNormal Podcast is a show that’s for imperfect parents by imperfect parents. Hosted by humorist and imperfect parent of three Chris Cate, every episode breaks down a topic that causes parents to break down, such as putting kids to bed, potty training, the terrible twos, homework, clothing, discipline, cleaning up, cooking for kids, and so on….
By the end of each topic breakdown, parents will hopefully realize they aren’t alone in their struggles and that the craziness all parents go through is actually quite funny when it’s looked at in the right light. After all, the mission of the show is to help parents laugh when they want to cry.
Breaking Down Parenting: A ParentNormal Podcast is available on Apple Podcasts, Google and Spotify.
Connect with The ParentNormal on Social Media
Connect with all things ParentNormal on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Links to more episodes of Breaking Down Parenting: A ParentNormal Podcast
- Dad Stereotypes versus Reality with Simon Holland
- Raising Teen Boys with Sarcastic Mommy Lisa Munn
- Modern Parent Problems with Tara Clark from Modern Mom Problems
- Toddler Dangers: How to keep toddlers from injuring themselves and you (with Clint Edwards)
- Clingy Kids with Rachel Sobel
- WTF Moments of Parenthood with Serena Dorman
- Being a One and Done Parent with Amanda Pacovsky
- Tooth Fairy Duty with Julie Burton
- The Mess Kids Make with Lauren Lodder
- Sick Kids with Gila Pfeffer
- Breaking Down Bath Time with Andy Herald from How to Be a Dad